jueves, 14 de junio de 2012

A Costa Rica real estate agent with no communications skills

by Ivo Henfling for the Easy Times
The internet is one of the best research tools ever invented, especially if you are looking to purchase Costa Rica property from a distance. But your worst start would be with a Costa Rica realtor who has no communication skills and uses foul language.
I’m writing this blog because I was contacted last Sunday June 10th, through a private Twitter message “Iva, what is needed to work with you”. The message was signed by Russ from Costa Rica Property.

This Costa Rica Property person has followed and re-tweeted many of my blogs on American European real estate group as well as my blogs on GoDutch Realty during quite a few months. I thought it was kind of strange he would call me Iva after reading and retweeting so many of my blogs but didn’t make an issue of it.  I answered Russ that he needed to be in a certain location in Costa Rica, not yet covered by an associate real estate agent or broker to work with our group. Twitter doesn’t give you a lot of space to give a long answer.
In his answer he called me Ivan this time. This is when I felt the need of telling the person that my name is Ivo and not Iva or Ivan and that in sales it is important to get someone’s name right. Maybe that was not nice of me, I don’t know, but I like to be called by my name.

Twitter

That is when I receive another private message through my Twitter account that I prefer not to spell out but show you the picture of the message below:

Costa Rica Property

Because of his message, for the first time I had a really good look at his Costa Rica Property website. Wow, unbelievable, another Costa Rica real estate website that does not carry any photo of the real estate agent or broker, no name, no nothing.
Not only does his foul language show a lack of education and communications skills, he also doesn’t want anybody to know who he is or where his office is as there is no phone number and no office location anywhere on the website.

Hiding something?

Who is the person – broker - realtor behind a Costa Rica Property website? Are Costa Rica real estate agents who don’t even put their name or their picture on their own website hiding something?
In Costa Rica, you don’t need to be licensed to be a real estate agent, so what is there to hide?  GoDaddy has the Costa Rica Property domain registered in a different name.

Before you buy a property

I still do NOT know who Russ is, the person who sent me that cozy Twitter message, but I can assure you that he will be the person who will be attending you if you plan to buy any properties in Costa Rica from that company.

Before you purchase properties in Costa Rica from any real estate agent, make sure you check on the agent and the broker first. I’m sure you now understand why.

A Costa Rica real estate agent with no communications skills

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario